Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Yes, I'm a crazy cycling cow...

My name is Chelsea.

I like to ride my road bike. Actually, I like to ride all kinds of bikes. Something about a beautiful day and fresh air just doesn't seem like exercise. I hear that's how all exercise "should" be. To bad, I just can't agree with that, but I do like cycling.

During the summer of 2009, I was determined to no longer be a cow. Kudos to me! I lost 25 pounds. Then I became so satisfied with my progress, I quit trying to loose more weight (even though I still had about 35 more pounds to go). And so, I stayed a cow - just a smaller cow.

Around that time, I discovered cycling - mainly because my husband does triathlons (yes, yes, woa is me, I'm a cow and my husband is skinny- whatever). But I had the best summer last year because I truly enjoyed our Sunday morning date rides, and I decided that this was the activity for me! Go out and burn 1,000 calories while having the time of your life. What a deal, right? (This takes us to present day...)

Since I'm enjoying cycling (and even winter spin classes), I've decided it's time. It's time for me to kick this cycle love up a notch. My new venture is to train with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Societies (LLS) Team in Training to do a 100-mile bike ride in Lake Tahoe June 5, 2011.



Have I lost my mind? Probably. Do I have to raise a lot of money? Yep. Am I probably going to regret this somewhere along the way? Sure. But right now I'm excited. And I'm sure it will all be worth it when I cross that finish line on June 5th. Not to mention, I'm helping a lot of people with the money I raise. (By the way, if you've already donated to my ride, THANK YOU! If you want to donate, visit http://pages.teamintraining.org/ks/ambbr11/cgaspard.)

Finally...the purpose for this blog:
I will document all my training and fundraising experiences here. I'll also probably talk a lot about food because riding my bike makes me hungry and I like to eat. And since I want to ride 100 miles, I need to try and loose about 15 more pounds (the less junk I have to tote in the trunk come June 5th, the better). So...I'll be more hungry from more exercise and I still need to loose weight? This should be an interesting blog.

Anyway, I hope you'll stick with me through this new venture and provide your insights and comments wherever you want. (FYI - The more motivation you can give me the better.)

Now I'm off to eat a Lean Cuisine even though I'd much prefer Taco Shop...
Chelsea

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and your newest biking adventure! Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I can't wait to read more about your cycling adventures. Looking forward to read more -- thanks for sharing your story with us!

    ReplyDelete