Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Week 1: The Cow "Weighs" In...

I've decided that Fridays are a good day to not only reflect on the previous week, but it's also a good day to weigh myself (before weekend indulgence takes over)...

First of all, it's been a productive week I think. Even though I didn't work out as much as I would have liked due to one aggravation reason or another, I was still very mindful of what I was eating and tried to make the best decision possible. For example, on Wednesday, I went to Wendy's for lunch. I had chili (good decision) and a baked potato (moderately good decision) and about 10 crackers (not a good decision) WITHOUT butter (great decision). Wednesday night I skipped the glass of wine since I figured I had eaten enough calories in crackers earlier in the day. So, while the crackers weren't a great idea, I decided that was my indulgence for the day. When I start to prioritize when, where, and with whom I want to enjoy my meals, it makes it easier to eat healthy I think.

Another productive moment this week? Starting this blog! I've wanted to join the blogging world for like a year, and it feels great to finally have moved forward with that goal. It makes me feel somewhat accountable for my actions and I think it will definitely help keep me on track for my 100 miles on June 5th!

A not so productive moment this week? I went to bed at 7:30 on Thursday night and I wasn't even tired. I was just being a lazy cow.

In the end, I think getting myself back in the habit of making healthy choices and starting this blog contributed to an overall successful week - I weighed myself this morning and I lost 2.2 pounds!

So now? TGIF! I plan to have some wine and hopefully a good steak at some point and enjoy the company of a friend we haven't seen in a while. I'm also planning to go to two yoga classes and get in at least one long bike ride this weekend - the weather looks like it's going to be fantastic here in Wichita! I also plan to do some reading in my hammock on the deck.

What about you? What are your plans for enjoying a happy, healthy weekend?

Chelsea

1 comment:

  1. Crackers are considered an indulgence?? That makes me sad. But congratulations on your 2.2 pounds!

    I will also be enjoying the weather this weekend and hopefully getting in a couple nice long walks with Dudley.

    I like the new font you've chosen. Oh, and the candy bar is delicious!

    ReplyDelete