Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Yes, I'm still here

For you few followers who've been reading my blog, I apologize. I started this blog with gusto (three posts in one week is gusto in my world), and then the second week...nothin. Aside from being sick...twice...and going out of town for a very busy weekend, there was no energy time to workout. And this past Saturday was officially the start to my June 5th Century Ride training. I missed that training day (and the next one) because I attended a friend's wedding in Texas, which was quite a hoot. In fact, I think I used that wedding as my "party it up" celebration before serious workouts kicked in.

Having waaaay too much fun at a wedding
with the husband and old friends!

So, now here I am. I really did start my training last night - did about 80 minutes of intervals at my Spin 10 class (I will explain what Spin 10 is later this week). It was supposed to be an easy night, but I was utterly exhausted 30 minutes in...guess I have a long three months ahead of me.

Me - before the 80 minutes of spinning intervals...

Here's my training "plan" for this week:
Saturday - 25 mile group ride (missed it - having too much at wedding)
Sunday - 10 mile recovery ride (missed it - hungover too tired from wedding & traveling)
Monday - 10-20 miles of interval training (I think I did about 17 miles last night)
Tuesday - Light cross-training day (I think I'll run 2 miles and do some weights)
Wednesday - 10-20 miles of hill training (the only thing I dislike more than running is biking on hills)
Thursday - Spin
Friday - Rest (can't wait!!!)

On another note, my mom is awesome and made me some scarves to sell for my fundraiser!

Isn't this scarf awesome? It's very soft fleece
and will keep you extra warm! Only $20.
Thanks to K-State alum, Amanda Dolechek for modeling.

My mom is also working on some KU scarves as well and I should have those soon.

OK, so I'm up to $1,025. Still have a long way to go, but I have some other ideas up my sleeve. In fact, I'll be hosting a raffle party in the near future...it involves raffling off a signed jersey from a pretty well-respected and very popular NFL Quarterback...stay tuned for more details!!!!

It's beautiful weather in Wichita today! Spend some time outside and get some fresh air - wherever you are!

Chelsea


1 comment:

  1. I actually have been missing your Cycle Cow updates! Your upcoming training schedule makes me tired just reading it. Hopefully the weather will stay nice for all of your outdoor training!

    Oh, and how come you didn't post the picture of you AFTER the 80 minute spin intervals? ;)

    ReplyDelete